Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Inhibit Switch and RAM 402/980

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 02:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pedal won't go down far enough to trip switch

The throw on my new RAM does not go down enough to flip the switch to enable the started to kick over. I made my stock MC adjustable but it is pretty much the same length as the stock one. The pedal seems to hit a positive stop about 1/4" - 1/2" just before the inhibit switch.

Am I botttoming out the CMC or the pressure plate fingers? The CMC had enough throw with the stock clutch so I wouldnt think I would have to open it up and cut down the stop.

Do I just need to adjust the rod in to bring the pedal down? Thing is the threads are bottoming out on me as it is. I may need to take the CMC out and put more threads on it to bring the clutch pedal in further.

The other thing is that the disengagement point is right at the point where I am hittiung the positive stop. So if I could get the throw to be longer it would be ideal for both inhibit switch and engagement point but I don't know what I'm hitting. If I take the CMC rod end off the clutch pedal the pedal goes to the floor so it's not something with the pedal mechanism.

Last edited by 5 Liter Eater; 06-26-2004 at 10:58 PM.
Old 06-27-2004, 04:29 AM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

3rd paragraph, sentence 1. Yes. Thread it.