Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

S1 Sequential Shifter

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S1 Sequential Shifter

Anyone already using S1 Sequential Shifter?

Any issues?

I'm planning to buy one to my T56

http://www.s1sequential.com/
Old 10-26-2017, 05:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

For a synchro box.....it really has limited use, and it's bloody expensive.

It sure is a nice product, and if they had had them ready for sale much earlier I would have bought one myself but unless you're racing somewhere that necessitates a lot of gearchanges.
Their delays with production and political changes at the time meant the exchange rate for me went through the roof increasing price by around 25% almost overnight ! so , I just cant see the value for money for me anyway.

And for street use, having to go up/down through all gears when accelerating or slowing down ( ie you cannot just click it into neutral at any time ) would get tedious.

Even most of the videos they post of users who have filmed themselves racing, drifting etc.....other than changing gear to get to the start of the circuit etc....once racing most cars dont really tend to need to change gear very often in the first place lol

It is certainly a nice looking product, cool engineering, cool visuals and on say a faceplated/dog box, would have great potential. Less so on a synchro.
Although if drag racing and you had a habit of missing shifts, say 2-1 instead of 2-3, then the likes of this would absolutely eliminate getting the shift wrong in that sense ( as long as driver moves their hand correctly lol )
Old 11-01-2017, 10:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Very cool that's it all mechanical and encased in a bolt on shifter.

Quick Reply: S1 Sequential Shifter