Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick master help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Tick master help!

Much as I hate to bring up another adjustment thread..

Entire clutch setup is brand new. Luk lightweight clutch, Luk Slave, and a tick master.

After getting the car running I set about adjusting the master to get the car driveable. The issue I'm running into is that the pedal feels VERY stiff. I know Tick says ~15% in firmness, but this almost feels like I'm pushing against something?

I've adjusted it as far out to where the pedal is just above the brake pedal, and I'm a bit nervous to go any higher.

I can (with a bit of notchiness) shift the car into any gear with the motor off. As soon as I start it I can't put it into any gear however.

Thoughts? Any idea where I can start checking things?
Old 12-19-2017, 11:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

you sure you bleed all the air out of hydraulics
Old 12-20-2017, 04:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Apparently I hadn't. Took me stepping on the pedal pretty hard (Using a speed bleeder) and that was enough to force out two fairly large bubbles. After that pedal feel is normal, and I can shift into any gear with the motor running.

Interesting how having air in the system made it feel almost like I had reached the limit of travel (in regards to the slave cylinder and PP) and any further was me flexing parts that weren't meant to flex. I would've thought it would have just given me disengagement issues and a spongy pedal.

Quick Reply: Tick master help!