Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Non-adjustable pressure plate

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 08:19 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Non-adjustable pressure plate

Does anyone know if someone makes a stock replacement non-adjustable pressure plate for ls1? By stock replacement I mean stock clamp load, not "heavy duty" or whatever like performance clutches use. Trying to avoid heavy clutch pedal & adjustable PP issues.

Also, anyone know that the stock ls1 pressure plate clamp load is?

What model pressure plate is used to make aftermarket performance clutches?
Old 05-05-2018, 09:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't know pressure loads or anything but Im sure if you call around the clutch vendors they may be able to tell you.
I can tell you this from reading, McLoud supposedly uses a Honda PP (?) with their clutch and many people say it gives a super light clutch peddle. Monster's level 1 clutch package is a "stock replacement" style but better and doesn't use an adjustable PP. I currently have a Monster stage 2 and a tick adjustable MC and its truly barley heavier than stock or the LS7 clutch setup, there is definitely nothing to complain about with it in terms of peddle effort.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:59 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by David_viny
Does anyone know if someone makes a stock replacement non-adjustable pressure plate for ls1? By stock replacement I mean stock clamp load, not "heavy duty" or whatever like performance clutches use. Trying to avoid heavy clutch pedal & adjustable PP issues.

If you want a completely stock clutch....buy a completely stock clutch ? And why would you care what the clamp load is if you just want a stock clutch ?

And are you getting confused as to what an adjustable pressure plate actually is ? Sounds like it.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
If you want a completely stock clutch....buy a completely stock clutch ? And why would you care what the clamp load is if you just want a stock clutch ?

And are you getting confused as to what an adjustable pressure plate actually is ? Sounds like it.
Stock clutch has an adjuster I'm trying to avoid. Clamp load is usually correlated to pedal effort.

Although I don't have any proof, I feel the automatic adjusting pressure plate can possibly cause inconsistent clutch pedal positions. Mainly the dreaded pedal to the floor problem.
My WS6 had an issue where the clutch pedal would go to the floor based on ONLY rpm. Could drive all day fine at low rpm fine. Go high RPM for a few seconds and pedal to the floor. It wasn't load dependent either. Could just rev it in neutral and pedal would stick to the floor. My best guess was the adjuster was doing something funky with the centrifugal force from the high rpm, then re-adjusting back to normal after frantically pressing the pedal several more times.
Old 05-08-2018, 04:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Stock clutch has an adjuster I'm trying to avoid. Clamp load is usually correlated to pedal effort.

Although I don't have any proof, I feel the automatic adjusting pressure plate can possibly cause inconsistent clutch pedal positions. Mainly the dreaded pedal to the floor problem.
My WS6 had an issue where the clutch pedal would go to the floor based on ONLY rpm. Could drive all day fine at low rpm fine. Go high RPM for a few seconds and pedal to the floor. It wasn't load dependent either. Could just rev it in neutral and pedal would stick to the floor. My best guess was the adjuster was doing something funky with the centrifugal force from the high rpm, then re-adjusting back to normal after frantically pressing the pedal several more times.
Have you tried bleeding the clutch MC? What does your clutch fluid look like? It should be clear, if its black and full of floaties then you need to drain/bleed it.

Do you have an adjustable master cylinder?
While what you are describing certainly can be from the stock adjustable PP, but it could also be the stock MC being a turd with the stock restrictive fluid line as well.
Old 05-08-2018, 05:13 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any of our single discs will feel 4% to 7% stiffer than stock, when using a stock master.

Our LT1-S twin will feel exactly like stock with a stock master.

Give us a shout if you want to go over anything.(817-750-2000)