Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

fbody t56

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 03:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default fbody t56

I am looking at getting a 99 formula and had a question. The car has a centerforce dual friction in it. Trying to put it into first it grinds however you can pul ut into second and then go into first without issue any ideas? If its a syncro how hard is it gonna be to fix or how much is it gonna cost.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Big bird55
I am looking at getting a 99 formula and had a question. The car has a centerforce dual friction in it. Trying to put it into first it grinds however you can pul ut into second and then go into first without issue any ideas? If its a syncro how hard is it gonna be to fix or how much is it gonna cost.
I think that is a common trans issue. You might want to look into having it refurbished. I would check out the stickies for what replacement parts are worth the time and money.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I picked the car up. I plan on tossing a ls7 clutch in it. I believe that should be good enough for when I toss a cam in the car in a few months. I am talking to rpm and tpd on trying to get the trans sorted. Can really have any down time with just having the car without a trans. Any suggestions on who I should take it to.

Quick Reply: fbody t56