Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch pedal pivot point

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 10:00 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clutch pedal pivot point

So I was doing normal driving today and all of a sudden I heard a snap and my clutch pedal went all the way to the floor. So I couldn't get in gear and luckily there was a seven eleven as I was slowing down. I checked and the part where the master cylinder rod and clutch pedal meet broke off. Is that part replaceable? it looks like a bolt that holds the retaining pin on one end. I have a tilton adjustable master cylinder and an hd ram clutch and its pretty heavy. For now i have a bolt with a jam nut from auto zone holding them together in place, don't know how long it'll hold since its slightly thinner
Old 11-02-2018, 10:32 PM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Stock pedal has a steel stud pressed into the pedal, and press-deformed on one side. You'll have a heck of a time replacing with the same without pulling the pedals. I would worry about oval long the hole in the pedal more than how to a keep a nut fastened.
Old 11-04-2018, 12:32 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmd
Stock pedal has a steel stud pressed into the pedal, and press-deformed on one side. You'll have a heck of a time replacing with the same without pulling the pedals. I would worry about oval long the hole in the pedal more than how to a keep a nut fastened.
yeah you right, guess I better start looking for a new pedal assembly