Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Spec Stage 2 Problem; Slipping After 2000 Miles

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 05:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Spec Stage 2 Problem; Slipping After 2000 Miles

This clutch has been in for 2000 miles and was replaced with spec flywheel, throwout bearing, pilot bearing and slave cylinder. Car also has McLeod Master cylinder. I did the 500 mile break in and baby'd it. Clutch fluid is level and doesn't lose any, engagement points are exactly the same and pedal pressure is good. Shifting normally or hard is still fine. But sometimes, not always the clutch likes to slip whether i shift hard or if im in any gear and punch it. Most of the time the clutch slips when i just punch it in any gear. I have no idea what the culprit could be because everything else about the clutch is fine other than the slipping. If anyone could please share some insight to this it would greatly be appreciated........
Old 07-14-2004, 10:30 PM
On The Tree

TTT, Guys its getting worse someone please help me out!!!!
Old 07-15-2004, 05:34 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Maybe the Mcleod is adjusted wrong? Is the clutch peddle level with the brake peddle?
Old 07-15-2004, 05:38 AM
On The Tree

When its resting or engaging? When it rests its farther above the brake pedal. The engagement is mainly at the top....
Old 07-15-2004, 10:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

If the engagement is at the top, it doesnt suprise me that its slipping. The engagement should be at 1/2 travel IMO. My SPEC II has been running great. No hint of slippage in 15k miles. Adjust the McLeod down some and see what happens. My clutch pedal is higher than the brake pedal too, but thats because the SPEC pressure plates require more travel to get them to disengage...especially with the smaller bored stock master. Something isn't setup right...
Old 07-15-2004, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MyLS1Hauls
If the engagement is at the top, it doesnt suprise me that its slipping. The engagement should be at 1/2 travel IMO. My SPEC II has been running great. No hint of slippage in 15k miles. Adjust the McLeod down some and see what happens. My clutch pedal is higher than the brake pedal too, but thats because the SPEC pressure plates require more travel to get them to disengage...especially with the smaller bored stock master. Something isn't setup right...

Well we took a look at the mcleod master cylinder and when the travel comes back to the top it seems like a little fluid squirts out so that seems to be the problem.... if anyone has a 01+ master cylinder they can sell me i would appreciate it...
Old 07-15-2004, 05:58 PM
On The Tree

Alright i just ordered the rebuild kit for the Mcleod master. I noticed a stream of black fluid coming from my master when i was going to adjust it. Do you think rebuilding it and re bleeding it will solve my problem? Everything else related to the clutch was replaced except the master. I'm pretty sure this has to be it because the master is letting air in im sure.....Whats your take?

Quick Reply: Spec Stage 2 Problem; Slipping After 2000 Miles