Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick Master Cylinder - Should I return to stock?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 06:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Tick Master Cylinder - Should I return to stock?

All:

I've had my fbody for 17 years now and the car has taken many different forms and seen many different phases, but now it's time to switch to an easier drive. I've recently removed my fixed-back seats, added a nicer stereo, quieter exhaust, and am soon adding AC back into the car. I believe the last step is switching to an easier clutch feel. The car currently has a custom clutch setup with a tick master. I wanted to get feedback on how much people's pedal effort changed going to and from the tick master and whether that would accomplish what I'm looking for. I don't mind some pedal effort, but the clutch currently chatters like hell, grabs hard and after one slip from a stop becomes nearly impossible to modulate and slip slowly from a stop (which makes pulling out of my driveway a chore!).

So it's clear, I'm definitely not bashing the Tick master. I was an early adopter and my own mechanic recommended it to other customers after installing mine. I just don't know how it affects my car since I installed it at the same time I did my new clutch.

Car is a heads/cam/intake M6 LS1 Fbody with a 3.70 rear end used mostly for street driving and some autocross.

Thanks,

Jacob
Old 08-18-2019, 07:34 PM

Received 1,838 Likes on 1,146 Posts

Maybe see about getting a tilton 3/4 master. It will bolt right up to the tick master wedge and all the hoses no problem. That will restore pretty stock feel
Old 08-19-2019, 09:38 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
Maybe see about getting a tilton 3/4 master. It will bolt right up to the tick master wedge and all the hoses no problem. That will restore pretty stock feel
Thanks for the tip. I'll Tick if they can help sourcing the exact 3/4 master.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

sounds like a clutch issue to me, the tick master isn't much different from stock you just get the added pedal height adjustment/throw. shouldn't change the pedal feel much going back to stock
Old 08-19-2019, 08:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by hokeplaya05
sounds like a clutch issue to me, the tick master isn't much different from stock you just get the added pedal height adjustment/throw. shouldn't change the pedal feel much going back to stock
*****. Okay time for a new clutch. Is the LS7 still the best for streetable performance?

Quick Reply: Tick Master Cylinder - Should I return to stock?