Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T56 Shifter Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2021, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T56 Shifter Vibration

Hello everybody I recently bought a used t56 and everything was good until I did a highway pull up to about 125mph and ever since then now when I’m on highway cruising if I go over 65mph the shifter starts vibrating and as I go faster it gets worse and worse it does this in every gear. I have a new monster stage 3 clutch kit in it with a new slave and a mgw shifter. It vibrates in 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th basically anything above 65mph is when I start to notice. Pinion angle is good I got the driveshaft rebalanced put it on jack stands with no wheels and it still does it I can definitely tell it’s coming from the tranny my question is if you guys think it’s fixable or what’s wrong with it. If I can’t figure it out I’ll just save up the money and get it rebuilt by tick performance. The vibration gets so bad that it’ll leak all the tranny fluid out the rear seal if I don’t keep it under 65mph. Thanks in advance!
Old 06-03-2021, 10:55 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

make sure that the trans to bell and the bell to the motor bolts are tight......before i retired (again) my company had purchased several vibrating "warranty" units from GM and CHRYSLER AND TREMEC that had few miles on them and simply had loose bolts....good luck..
Old 06-04-2021, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 189 Likes on 133 Posts

Output shaft bushing?
Old 07-05-2021, 08:34 PM
Teching In

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Clutch could be going bad, tranmssion mount might be bad, drive shalf might not be balance, low on fluid, and etc.

Quick Reply: T56 Shifter Vibration