Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need Clutch Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 01:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Need Clutch Help

Driving the Formula tonight, I get on the interstate, get on the car pretty hard, and I had a hard time getting it into gear. I think I was in 4th, pull it out, try to put it into 6th. Won't go. In fact, now it won't go into any gear. I haven't lost any fluid and still have a ton of pedal pressure. I got the car rolling a bit, get it into 1st gear, match the RPM's and slam it into 3rd. Ended up driving back home in 3rd gear, but I did get it there.

We think it might be the slave (master had fluid, seemed OK) or the clutch itself. But I have had no problems with this clutch, no slipping, etc.. I find it hard to believe it would just take a dump on me. It's a Cartek, but it is used. 2 guys had it before me, but it's been a great clutch. I've only beat on the clutch at the track once, and it held so well, my rear broke. I haven't been back to the track since that day, it's only been in street use since.

So, any ideas? Before I take things apart and start looking, I was wondering what everyone thought the problem might be...
Old 07-26-2004, 07:46 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd check hydraulics first since its easier to get to...