Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Car hard to shift in to reverse. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 09:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car hard to shift in to reverse. HELP!

I have an 02 Corvette Coupe with 10,000 miles with a Hurst shifter. The car has never been powershifted. I made a nitrous pass on Sat and the car shifted fine, however the clutch stayed about half way to the floor. I suspect the MC or clutch problem there. I parked the car and Sunday went to back up, the car would not go into reverse. I finally slammed it hard and it went into reverse. I drove it around the block and it shifted fine in the other gears. Once it is in reverse it does fine, but it is real hard to get in to reverse. Anyone have any ideas what is causing this or where to start to look to figure this out? It feels very notchy like it physically does not want to go in gear, but the gears are not grinding. One more thing I installed a Laptrax controller and used the #19 Engine Ignition Fuse located under the ignition for the power source. The problem started right after this. Does anyone know what this fuse controls? I hope this is something minor, I can't afford to rebuilt the transmission right now.
Thanks for the help.
Chris
Old 08-09-2004, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The power to the reverse inhibitor is not working bor the solenoid is unplugged/ damaged.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

After doing some research it does sound like it is the reverse lockout solenoid. Does anyone know what fuse or BCM lead powers the solenoid? I must have shorted a wire or blew a fuse when I was in there this weekend.
Thanks

Originally Posted by calhoon
The power to the reverse inhibitor is not working bor the solenoid is unplugged/ damaged.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by marlowchris
After doing some research it does sound like it is the reverse lockout solenoid. Does anyone know what fuse or BCM lead powers the solenoid? I must have shorted a wire or blew a fuse when I was in there this weekend.
Thanks
I'm no help with the fuse or BCM stuff but i do know that the reverse lockout solenoid plugs into the tranny in the same area as CAGS. Not sure if thats any help though... Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Car hard to shift in to reverse. HELP!