Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need Help New Trans am owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 07:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help New Trans am owner

I just purchased a 2000 trans am WS-6 with a 6-speed. I noticed that when i push the clutch down it is a lot stiffer than others i have driven. It seems to drive fine unless i get on it. At red line i can't shift generally until it winnes down a few thousand RPM's. I tried to bleed teh clutch and after closing teh bleeder screw teh clutch pedal sticks to the floor until i manually lift it. After i lift it, it goes back to usual. but it still does not feel like it should. It seems to shift just fine if i drive it nicely. If you have any idea what is wrong let me know and also if you have any idea of how much and where to get the parts to fix it. I am really really new to this.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:08 PM
10 Second Club

You probably have an aftermarket clutch which has a stiffer pressure plate. Your hydraulic system could be(and probably is) stock. If the hydraulic system is still stock then it's probably not allowing your clutch to fully release which results in shifting problems at higher rpms.
Can you contact the previous owner to find out which clutch has been installed etc...?

Look under your dash at the end of your clutch pedal. Does the rod that is attatched to your clutch pedal at the top look like it has an adjustable end on it?

What part of the country are you in?
Old 08-23-2004, 10:48 PM
Teching In

minnesota, I bought the car on ebay. i got an awesome price on it. I bought it from a guy who took it on trade for a hot rod so he did not know anything about it---maybe that explains the good price.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:00 AM
10 Second Club

Not a big deal, I'm sure. You may just need an adjustable master cylinder for the clutch. Any LS1 specialty shops around there?
Old 08-24-2004, 10:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There's TPIS and DRM both located around the cities. DRM put in my clutch and did an excellent job.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:01 AM
On The Tree

While your going after the hydraulics, do the drill mod, it will help with high RPM shifting.

DEE

Quick Reply: Need Help New Trans am owner