Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch pedal pressure, notchiness shifting

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 01:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question clutch pedal pressure, notchiness shifting

I replaced the master cylinder and have bled it several times but pressure still isn't that great and it engages right off the floor. I also have about an inch of slack when i start to push the pedal in. It seems like maybe the slave might be bad because I can not get the pedal to disengage like its suppose to. Also it makes it hard to shift in between gears. If anybody has any Ideas let me know. The slave cylinder has been replaced once by the dealer but it is the old style. Thanks
Old 09-07-2004, 01:22 PM
TECH Addict

What kind of master?
Old 09-07-2004, 01:32 PM
12 Second Club

Do not drive it if at all possible. I drove mine while it was having a similar problem. It torched my clutch and broke the keys for the 3/4 synchro. It has turned into a 3 week headache.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:08 PM
Teching In

The master was from oreilys but it was the same exact part that the gm dealer had installed it was made by gp of something like that. I rebuilt the trans when I replaced the master. I have been driving it pretty easy until I get the clutch working right. I am pretty sure I still have air in it or it is the master because sometimes i have great pressure and then sometimes it is soft. I am going to replace the slave and master in a couple of weeks and see if that helps if not I will take it somewhere to get it bled. Thanks any advice appreciated.

Quick Reply: clutch pedal pressure, notchiness shifting