Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Do I Have M6 Mount Broke?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 08:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Do I Have M6 Mount Broke?

this is f'n killin me. i just did a cam & header install and i thought my y pipe was hitting the floor under the driver seat ( i can feel something hitting the floor under my ***) but now i think i might have a broken transmission mount, but if it is, i can't tell. this only happens under hard acceleration. at first i thought i had wheel hop, then i realized, when my car was stock, i didn't have this problem and would spin really easy, but i had it dyno'd and it went 361 corrected at the wheels so i don't think its lack of power/ wheel hop. what the hell could it be?????
Old 09-11-2004, 01:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jet LTs and Y-pipe.....

I would bet its your Y pipe banging the floor board.... Best way to figure out... SLIP an exhaust RUBBER hanger between the Y pipe and floor board or any piece of rubber you can squeeze in there...the closest point on the Y pipe is under the driver's seat...... then drive around.. see if the banging goes away and if it feels like the Rubber / vibration instead.. if yes.. you found your problem..

Yes - This damn thing hunted me for a week or so as well. Damn Y Pipes. I got so pissed I ripped it off and switched to true duals. LOL