Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Quick disconnect wont come apart

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 08:05 PM
10 Second Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Quick disconnect wont come apart

Taking the trans out of my 2000 Camaro I could not get the quick disconnect to let the line go so I started to pull the tranny back and busted the steel tube off that goes into the slave cyl. Now what do I do? I took the master out to do the drill mod and the hole looks like its 1/4 inch already...what gives...
Old 09-19-2004, 09:04 PM
wrencher

Your gonna need a new slave cylinder. To romove them sometimes it helps to push the line into the recepticle & push the white collar in.
The resstriction you need to remove is down from the master end a couple of inches.
Look here www.installuniversity.com go to LSX cars & look in the install documents & go to the transmission section for the drill mod.
Old 09-19-2004, 11:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Torkman15
Taking the trans out of my 2000 Camaro I could not get the quick disconnect to let the line go so I started to pull the tranny back and busted the steel tube off that goes into the slave cyl. Now what do I do? I took the master out to do the drill mod and the hole looks like its 1/4 inch already...what gives...
I did the same exact thing...
I had to pry the fitting off with some pliers (no white collar on mine) then replaced the slave.

It sucks when stuff breaks...
Old 09-20-2004, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wrencher
Your gonna need a new slave cylinder. To romove them sometimes it helps to push the line into the recepticle & push the white collar in.
The resstriction you need to remove is down from the master end a couple of inches.
Look here www.installuniversity.com go to LSX cars & look in the install documents & go to the transmission section for the drill mod.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:38 PM
On The Tree

I had to remove the slave entirely, still attached to the master and everything, to get the quick disconnect to pop loose. "Quick Disconnect?" I think not.

Quick Reply: Quick disconnect wont come apart