Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

spec 3 guys please..

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 03:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KrazyDan
So how streetable is this clutch. Im looking to get a new clutch and was thinking about a stage 3 ar zo6.
Say your at a red light and i have my girlfriend in the car with me. When the light turns green am i gonna jerk her head just to take off????Ive never ridden or driven a car with a performance clutch, so i have no idea. 2nd,3rd,4th....are they all gonna "jerk"
After break in mileage, and some hard abuse on a sticky track , my Spec 3 feels like stock. I actually wish there was MORE pedal pressure.

The only diff on the street is you can't idle it out. You need to give it some gas, but not a lot.

I love my Spec 3 as long as it lasts a decent time.
Old 02-23-2005, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1ScrudeDude
After break in mileage, and some hard abuse on a sticky track , my Spec 3 feels like stock. I actually wish there was MORE pedal pressure.

The only diff on the street is you can't idle it out. You need to give it some gas, but not a lot.

I love my Spec 3 as long as it lasts a decent time.
say when im going to make a turn and down shift into 2nd. is it going to slam into 2nd or will i be able to "slip" it in.
In other words, will it still be a comfortable ride for my girlfriend???
Old 02-23-2005, 07:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by KrazyDan
say when im going to make a turn and down shift into 2nd. is it going to slam into 2nd or will i be able to "slip" it in.
In other words, will it still be a comfortable ride for my girlfriend???
It grabs a bit hard, but if you rev match it, piece of cake. You should be rev matching anyway to save the life of clutches (when you can.)

I rarely downshift anymore to decel. Clutches are too expensive.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A stage 3 should be FINE in all aspects of driving except for 1st gear take-offs. If you don't give her enough gas she will chatter a bit. Once you learn it, it will be fine! Any more than a stage 3 will be noticibly different!

Quick Reply: spec 3 guys please..