Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

new shifter

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 09:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new shifter

would i have to do any modifications to the trany or clutch to install a B&M rip shifter? i just bought it a few days ago and was wondering if i had to do any mods to support it. any information would be greatlly appreciated
Old 02-11-2005, 10:19 PM
TECH Regular

None at all.

Put that thing on and enjoy
Old 02-11-2005, 10:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by everx
would i have to do any modifications to the trany or clutch to install a B&M rip shifter? i just bought it a few days ago and was wondering if i had to do any mods to support it. any information would be greatlly appreciated
Where did you get yours and how much did you pay?
I was also thinking about picking one up, my friend has one and the shifting is soooo much nicer than the stock POS.
I also think he re-used his OEM boot to reduce heat from getting into the cabin and MAKE sure you get the OEM sealent from any GM dealer, it's like $10, put a nice amout on the base of the shifter and then tighten the screws. My friend did not do this and to his horror saw a leaky tranny. Most of the flulid leaked from that non-sealed error of his. Nothing happened because he caught it in time.

Have fun and maybe this summer I will buy one
Old 02-12-2005, 05:13 AM
Staging Lane

i bought mine from lmperformance i also got a new shift *** the old racket ball looking one had to go. but with the both i believe it was around 230$ with shipping. i let my friend know about the sealent and see if can send me pics of it installed. well thanks for the advise and see ya round.