Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tilton Hydraulic Release Bearing

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 10:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tilton Hydraulic Release Bearing

Anyone using one of these? I have a new LS6 and TKO600 with an adpator plate and t56 bellhousing. Thinking of using a Tilton Hydraulic Release Bearing rather than the old fashioned slave cylinder - anyone done it and got any helpful hints.

Cheers
Jon
Old 02-15-2005, 10:05 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by jellison
Anyone using one of these? I have a new LS6 and TKO600 with an adpator plate and t56 bellhousing. Thinking of using a Tilton Hydraulic Release Bearing rather than the old fashioned slave cylinder - anyone done it and got any helpful hints.

Cheers
Jon
Where did you get the adapter plate?

I have my front retainer up there now. They took measurements, but I opted for a partially finished one rather than wait 6 weeks. I will get it machined locally. They should be able to provide one soon.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So you're saying you have an external slave( instead of the concentric slave)? In fact that is the old fashioned part. The Tilton parts are nothing new.The TKO500/600 use the old "bow tie" bolt pattern at the case. If you are in fact using a T56 clutch housing, you must have a fabricated intermediate plate ( yea, where did you get it?).
Old 02-16-2005, 06:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by calhoon
So you're saying you have an external slave( instead of the concentric slave)? In fact that is the old fashioned part. The Tilton parts are nothing new.
I'm not sure what gives you that idea. It is an internal slave, replacing the front bearing retainer, or what some call the candlestick.
The TKO500/600 use the old "bow tie" bolt pattern at the case. If you are in fact using a T56 clutch housing, you must have a fabricated intermediate plate ( yea, where did you get it?).
No, I am using a Lakewood for an SBC. Had to clearance the engine plate for the rear cover bolts, but it bolts on and the TK600 bolts to it.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by critter
I'm not sure what gives you that idea. It is an internal slave, replacing the front bearing retainer, or what some call the candlestick.
No, I am using a Lakewood for an SBC. Had to clearance the engine plate for the rear cover bolts, but it bolts on and the TK600 bolts to it.
Got my adaptor plate from a UK Tremec Dealer - should be able to do same from any of the US one - see there distributors on the tremec web page.

Quick Reply: Tilton Hydraulic Release Bearing