Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

McLeod Clutches (Rev-Lok, Kevlar/Organic)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 10:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default McLeod Clutches (Rev-Lok, Kevlar/Organic)

Anyone with a McLeod Rev-Lok II know if the iron disk that comes in the kit is interchangeable with the pressure plate from the McLeod Kevlar/Organic setup? They all pretty much look the same to me...

I'd like to switch to the Rev-Lok II disk, but if I can avoid buying the entire setup again and just switch disks, that would be great...
Old 02-21-2005, 07:58 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe they all use the same pp. Just swap the disk. Get the flywheel resurfaced and clean up the pp with a sanding block.
Call McCleod to verify...I'd hate to steer you wrong. If your current pp has alot of miles or has been slipped alot you may oughtta get a new pp too.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanks for the reply... the pressure plate is pretty new, only a few weeks old. After talking with Jason @ Thunder Racing, he said the latest edition of the Rev-Lok II uses a smaller disk, so I wouldn't be able to use that. However, he said that I could call McLeod up and they would probably be able to sent me the older style disk that would fit the pressure plate I have...

After looking at McLeod's online catalog, it looks like they have a sintered iron disk that is similar to an LS1 sized disk (11", 1-1/8x26 spline), so maybe that would work...
Old 02-22-2005, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

The "OLD" style rev/lok sintered iron disc clutch was revised to the current Rev/Lok II style because McLeod had problems with the "Old Style" rev/loks coming apart. Mine was replaced for free with the new style as were several of my buddies. Two of my personal friends had the old style come apart and destroy their bellhousings. At least they didnt lose their feet!!IMO, I wouldnt use the old style even if they still sell it. My .02
Paul
Old 02-22-2005, 05:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by NastySSoo
The "OLD" style rev/lok sintered iron disc clutch was revised to the current Rev/Lok II style because McLeod had problems with the "Old Style" rev/loks coming apart. Mine was replaced for free with the new style as were several of my buddies. Two of my personal friends had the old style come apart and destroy their bellhousings. At least they didnt lose their feet!!IMO, I wouldnt use the old style even if they still sell it. My .02
Paul
Good to know, thanks... I talked to Red @ McLeod and he said he'd resurface my clutch disk so that it is a kevlar/kevlar instead of a kevlar/organic. Said it would be more aggressive, but that's fine by me if it holds...
Old 02-24-2005, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds cool, good luck!!
Paul

Quick Reply: McLeod Clutches (Rev-Lok, Kevlar/Organic)