Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Great clutch pressure, new master and slave, clutch will not release, very strange.

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 12:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Great clutch pressure, new master and slave, clutch will not release, very strange.

Came to a stop last week, car would not go into gear. Drove it back to my friends house rev matching.

He swapped the master and slave for me, got the clutch bled, has great pedal pressure. Still has the same issue. Car will not go into gear with it running. Problem is not in the hydraulics.

Clutch is a spec stage 4.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

same to me. had a cartek and would not go into gear. speed inc. suggested the spec 3, but the same thing happened. i rolled it into the street and went for a drive clutch wasn't disengauging but it took about 15 minutes of street driving to shift into gear easily. my stock flywheel was resurfaced so i came to the conclusion that is was machining grooves. bleeding hydrualics suggested by manufactor didn't do the job also. there is a write up on how to "properly" bleed. it's a two man job.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did your resurface/replace your flywheel? I would recommend putting the shim that came with your Spec clutch into place.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What happened? Is it fixed?