Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch slipping/pedal sticking

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 09:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch slipping/pedal sticking

i have a 00' trans am ws6,with just loudmouth,on cold days,the pedal seems to go 1/3 of the way down to the floor with no pressure,then once ido the gear change,on the way back up,it sticks about 1/2 way for just a second,and then comes back up.now once the car is warmed up,no problem with pressure at all.would it need bled?also,i have stock clutch,and its just starting to slip,i found a good deal on a brand new z06 clutch,pressure plate and flywheel for $350.i do plan on putting about 400hp to the wheels on this car,would that be a descent clutch?thanks guys.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:43 PM
9 Second Club

I just had a McLeod setup installed with the Kevlar/organic disc. Only 225 miles so far so I can't tell about holding power yet. I plan to drive it to work everyday next week & hit the track on Sunday. I'll report after that. I will say, for a new clutch it's real smooth. The last one (Centerforce) chattered alot, after about 2K miles the chatter was a little better then it saw about 50 passes last year & became pretty sooth. It wouldn't shift quick at all though so that's why the McLeod is in, as my reasearch told me the Centerforce while having great holding power had a design issue with the pressure plate that made quick shifting more difficult. All in all I'm dissapointed with the hydraulic clutch in these cars & would spend $$$ to convert to cable if it was possible.

Last edited by Mark98SS; 03-07-2005 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-06-2005, 06:38 PM

I just did the SPEC stage 3F and love it. Billet steel flywheel & new GM slave & master.

I think your hydrolics are bad or need bleeding. Get the upgraded 01/02 GM hydrolics.