Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Mcleod master problems ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 05:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Mcleod master problems ideas?

I have a cartech clutch.The original gm modified master that came with my cartech woudln't keep its adjustment.I tried to put a small lockwasher on it but got tired of crawling under my dash and constantly readjusting things.

I bought the pretty mcleod billet master last year.I had heard they were a nightmare to bleed.I got it bleed ok after some messing used a mityvac.The car shifted its best ever and was very pleased.Then all of a sudden it started to not want to go into gear.I tried to bleed it again and not much luck

I don't drive the car everyday and it sits for sometimes a week or two between cruises.I went out to it and it wouldn't go into any gear.I pumped the pedal like a hundred times and it finally starting going into gear but not great.I also checked master fluid level and it appears to not be leaking but it seems to have same problem every time it sits for a bit.I am really freakin mad
and thinking going to mabye a clutchmasters stage 3 with stock master and slave and be done with this adjustable crap.The mcleod really isn't adjustable you just put the rod over the pedal like was posted by some guys on this forum.

So whats the deal,some guys seem to have no problem with their mcleod and some have lots.Is this getting air in the master still common.Do I need to rebuild it ,its like been used for a month total? Do I need to mod it with a dremel or something? Can I buy a replacement seal kit if thats what it needs at napa I think I read ,anyone have part numbers? Is there something to do so that don't have to keep putting in the seal kit?
I might even buy another mcleod to have a spare if someone has one that works perfect and will sell it at a reasonable price.The factory master is cheap plastic junk but this pretty mcleod is driving me up a wall!!

Help guys..
Old 03-09-2005, 06:00 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
I have a cartech clutch.The original gm modified master that came with my cartech woudln't keep its adjustment.I tried to put a small lockwasher on it but got tired of crawling under my dash and constantly readjusting things.

I bought the pretty mcleod billet master last year.I had heard they were a nightmare to bleed.I got it bleed ok after some messing used a mityvac.The car shifted its best ever and was very pleased.Then all of a sudden it started to not want to go into gear.I tried to bleed it again and not much luck

I don't drive the car everyday and it sits for sometimes a week or two between cruises.I went out to it and it wouldn't go into any gear.I pumped the pedal like a hundred times and it finally starting going into gear but not great.I also checked master fluid level and it appears to not be leaking but it seems to have same problem every time it sits for a bit.I am really freakin mad
and thinking going to mabye a clutchmasters stage 3 with stock master and slave and be done with this adjustable crap.The mcleod really isn't adjustable you just put the rod over the pedal like was posted by some guys on this forum.

So whats the deal,some guys seem to have no problem with their mcleod and some have lots.Is this getting air in the master still common.Do I need to rebuild it ,its like been used for a month total? Do I need to mod it with a dremel or something? Can I buy a replacement seal kit if thats what it needs at napa I think I read ,anyone have part numbers? Is there something to do so that don't have to keep putting in the seal kit?
I might even buy another mcleod to have a spare if someone has one that works perfect and will sell it at a reasonable price.The factory master is cheap plastic junk but this pretty mcleod is driving me up a wall!!

Help guys..
they say that you shouldnt even adjust their "adjustable" master cylinders...
Call them. that is what they told me. I just posted it up too.

Quick Reply: Mcleod master problems ideas?