Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Angled Short Stick...Benefits?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 10:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Angled Short Stick...Benefits?

After three horrible runs at the track last night due to missing 2nd-3rd each time, I think it's time for a shifter.

I'm looking at getting the Pro 5.0 with angled short stick from Speed Inc. I'm also going to be doing the energy suspension tranny mount at the same time.

What is the benefit of the angled short stick versus the straight one? Or would it be smart to do a short stick at all? THe only benefit I can see of the angled piece is to more ergonomically fit you while you are driving, but is it that big of a difference? Thanks.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:49 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got that same set up from speed inc. I like the angled stick the shifter is in the perfect place for me. I went with the angled more due to the fact that if I didn't like it I could cut down the straight stick that comes with the pro 5.0 and have one of each.

I say definately get the short stick its only 20 bucks more and when you lay it next to the pro 5.0 stick you will be happy you did.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the short stick is great, i had one on my 98 camaro and it was awsome. getting ready to put one on my ws6 here shortly. I shifted about the smae but it felt a lot better.
Old 03-10-2005, 01:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info guys. I found a used 5.0 and I'm going to order the angled stick from them today. Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Angled Short Stick...Benefits?