Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

No Clutch Pedal Pressure - LS1 RX7 & Wildwood Master

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 02:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Clutch Pedal Pressure - LS1 RX7 & Wildwood Master

On my Ls1 RX7 I'm using a RX7 pedal system with a Wildwood Master cylinder. The RX7 had a master that was not attached to the pedal like the GM system, it feeds off of the brake resovoir and is located next to it.

GM Slave, beats me what year, and a stock clutch.

Drove it all last year, never a single problem. Put it away in October and goto start it last week, no pedal pressure at all. Yes it does return but the Mazda has a return spring.

Went out today and put a Mightvac on the master and tried to bleed it, drew through about 1 pint of fluid and still has bubbles and no pressure.

No obvious leaks and the only thing I had done is changed the brake fluid before I put it away.

I had a road event coming up and threw the Hawk Black's and swapped the fluid for Motul just before the event. Drove it at the event and for about a week or so afterwards, then put it away.

The guy at Pettit Racing(big RX7 shop) told me not to worry about the fluids mixing since its a shared resovoir but I have a feeling they did mix and over the winter ate away at something. I changed all of the brake fluid out, flushed it totally, but I never did bleed the master and slave unit.

Do you think I'm looking at a slave? I don't mind replacing it, I just don't want to exhaust my options before pulling the tranny and everything else out of the car.

Thanks
Old 03-13-2005, 07:51 PM
wrencher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bet it the master. Pop the line off at the slave it self seals, if you can still pump the pedal/no pedal you need a master.

Quick Reply: No Clutch Pedal Pressure - LS1 RX7 & Wildwood Master