Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Spec 4 clutch/SLP flywheel install, rubbing pressure plate!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 01:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spec 4 clutch/SLP flywheel install, rubbing pressure plate!

http://www.theheadfl.com/spec4.htm

Pics of everything we have done so far in case there are any questions about whether or not it was done right, you should be able to see in the pics.

The basic problem is this... installed a new SLP flywheel (never been used) and a new Spec Stage 4 clutch. We get it all buttoned back up, and fire it up. It sounds fine at idle in neutral. I rev it up a bit in neutral and everything feels good, no vibrations from the new setup, so thats good.

But the instant I depress the clutch pedal, I get an awful grinding sound from under the car. Well, we take off the slave cylinder to inspect, and the fork is obviously rubbing on the pressure plate somehow.

Additionally, when the car is sitting off, and you depress the pedal, it feels normal until the last inch or so near the floor, where it feels almost as if it is clicking or pushing through the slightest resistance.

We tried to shim the slave cylinder away from the fork a little bit, with no luck. We tried to reseat the fork, no luck. We looked at another M6 car and the fork seems to be resting in the bellhousing the same way. We just cannot understand why the fork could possibly be rubbing the way it is.

Help!

Quick Reply: Spec 4 clutch/SLP flywheel install, rubbing pressure plate!