Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Pro 5.0 problems? Or just Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 11:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pro 5.0 problems? Or just Problems

I put a pro 5.0 in not too long ago. I hear a whistling type noise from 45mph and up. This happened after I messed with the shifter the second time. SHould I be hearing more "car" noises. ALos the shifter sticks between the 1/2 and 3/4 slots. Like the stick will stay all the way over to the left unless I push it over. It doesn't effect my shifting. Just bothersome when I take it out of first and the stick doesn't go to the center. Should this be happening? Should I send it back.. any advice?HELP!!!

thanks,
Justin
Old 04-15-2005, 12:26 AM
10 Second Club

When I pull mine out of 1st it go's to the center, & it used. Just put it on though, so we'll see.
The whistling is probably the rubber boot not sealing up to the tunnel. Take it off & if you have to seal it with some gasket sealer. I bet thats it!!!
Old 04-15-2005, 10:13 AM
TECH Regular

I read a thread a while ago that talked about the centering springs not being very strong with the pro 5.0, you could search it, I know there are a couple ways to fix it
Old 04-17-2005, 02:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ncSSu
I read a thread a while ago that talked about the centering springs not being very strong with the pro 5.0, you could search it, I know there are a couple ways to fix it
yes the pro5.0 is notorious for the weak centering spring. and yes it is notchier than the stock shifter. and the noises your hearing are from the heat/sound boots being removed and not fit into the stock location. when i installed mine it became very loud and i could hear everything from the transmission. a lot noisier than stock but a huge improvement!
Old 04-17-2005, 06:11 PM
TECH Resident

Worth it I believe

Quick Reply: Pro 5.0 problems? Or just Problems