Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help with Spec clutch install please! Shim or not? for C5 hydraulics?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Spec clutch install please! Shim or not? for C5 hydraulics?

Hi guys,

I am reading that most of the Fbody guys require the green or metal shim to get good engagement point using the stock master cylinder. I have also read some posts that the Corvette does not require the shim whereas the fbody does?

I am using a new fresh flywheel and new updated master/slave cylinders with drill mods done. This is for a Spec 4 clutch

Does anyone have any advice for me here about the shim, I do not have the shim to install and may have to put off my clutch re-and-re planned for the weekend in order to get one.

Thanks!
Old 04-16-2005, 08:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the metal shim. Call spec and tell them you didn't get one. I didn't resurface my flywheel and still needed the metal shim.I had to pull the tranny back out to do it. Do it once and shim now
Old 04-16-2005, 08:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just did the spec install on my 2002 SS and I used the spacer. Without it I doubt my cluth would disengage properly. I have other issues with it, but they got the spacer issue right - you need it.

Quick Reply: Help with Spec clutch install please! Shim or not? for C5 hydraulics?