Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch or something else

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 08:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch or something else

guys have the spec 3 in my car bnt it started slipping last week so i ordered a centerforce dual friction, i was going to change it today, but last night when i was driving the car i noticed that it only slips and chatters when the rpm's are low. if i take of hard, and take each gear over 4500 or so it works fine, but say if i am driving about 60 mph at around 3000 rpm and step on the gas then then it slips and chatters. so could it be something else besides the clutch. please help
Old 04-19-2005, 05:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted about this last week but no one has helped me out. From what I've researched, the clutch tends to first start going out at high gears at low rpm, due to less mechanical assistance from the tranny and low gears. Also a lot of people seem to be having all kind of problems with the specs lately. My clutch is doing the exact same thing as yours, and I'm going to pull it tonight and check the pressure plate bolts, since in some instances, they have come loose and that has been the problem. If thats not it, the only other thing it can be is the clutch itself. you may be able to replace just the friction disk if it is in fact the problem. hope this helps out. Maybe someone else with this problem can help too.