Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

couple of post-install concerns

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 05:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default couple of post-install concerns

let's see, i tightened the drain fill plug on the tranny really tight until i realized that it didn't have to go that tight. i'm just worried i might have cracked the brittle metal around that area? (it may not be all that brittle, i don't know...)

the heat shield that holds the master cylinder fluid line was a BITCH to re-install, so i just left it off and zip-tied the line back away from the stock cats. problem?

i'll think of more as they come up i'm sure, but for now those are the only two real things i'm concerned with.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That drain plug, and the fill plug always give the feeling that you are turning them "too much", I would not worry about that if its not leaking/dripping around the area.

I'm not sure of the criticalness (is that a word) of that particular heat shield, but I would try installing it again some other weekend, I've never heard of anyone going without it.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah, i finally got it on. i actually had to beat that piece of **** up. i mangled it to high heavens just to get that master cylinder line to run underneath it and to still be able to get the screws in it. what a PITA.