Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

soft clutch pedal after revving??????

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005 | 03:30 PM
11 Second Club

Question soft clutch pedal after revving??????

I have a quick question. I notice sometimes that if I rev my car kinda high (i.e. throwing a big rev at a friend) while not in gear, the clutch pedal will be really soft, and go down a lot further for a few seconds. It will still engage, and be fine after a few shifts. Just wondering if this happens to anyone else, and what might be the cause of this, and if it's anything I need to worry about. Thanks in advance!
Old 05-02-2005 | 04:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nittany_marine
I have a quick question. I notice sometimes that if I rev my car kinda high (i.e. throwing a big rev at a friend) while not in gear, the clutch pedal will be really soft, and go down a lot further for a few seconds. It will still engage, and be fine after a few shifts. Just wondering if this happens to anyone else, and what might be the cause of this, and if it's anything I need to worry about. Thanks in advance!
Don't quote me on this but....

It COULD be something to do w/ the slave and here's why: Our clutch systems are completely independant of the engine except for the slave which contacts the pressure plate when engaged OR disengaged. Outside of that, your clutch system is isolated from the engine. Now, if you want to play "knee bone is connected to the hip bone", etc then you COULD be looking at an issuue w/ the master because they are connected.

DRILL MOD, anyone?

You have an 02. This tells me that you have the updated hydraulics so i'm slightly skeptical that this is the is issue. Could your disc not be disengaging all the way and thus you are heating that sucker up a lot when revving? Does the car do this if you do a full throttle run to redline?

Someone else might be able to help more, but it's prob. something to do w/ the slave/master.

Hope this gets you started in the right direction.
Old 05-02-2005 | 04:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nittany_marine

P.S. IT could also have something to do with your HIGH performance blinker fluid or muffler bearings. Those "performance" parts can go out at any moment. lol
Old 05-02-2005 | 04:38 PM
11 Second Club

Lol....good one. Any way, no. It never does it on any hard runs. It's not really a huge issue...it always seems to be 100% again in a few seconds. Just looking for some opinions. Thanks for the input!
Old 05-03-2005 | 01:43 AM
Staging Lane

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...t=mushy+clutch
see if this easy mod helps
Old 05-03-2005 | 02:57 AM
11 Second Club

Mine used to do that I changed the slave cylinder and it quit doing it after that.

Quick Reply: soft clutch pedal after revving??????