Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

A4-M6 swap done ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 11:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A4-M6 swap done ?'s

Okay guys after 3 weeks my swap is done. It is great shifting gears and life is great except for some minor things. 1. I get a ton of noise through the center console even at idle. I can hear the clutch spinning in 5th and it just gets annoying after awhile. I used my stock steel driveshaft and also a poly tranny mount. If i use a stock mount and aluminum driveshaft will that go away? 2. Blinkers are not working. I didn't do anything to those wires and I can't figure out why they won't work. Does anyone know what color those wires are so I can see what is wrong. 3. Blower fan for ac doesn't work. I know i didn't tap into that from the A4 harness. The only thing I tapped into where the 6 wires going into the A4 plug. Doesn anyone know what could cause them not to work. 4. Reverse lights don't work. I tapped into the right wires for them and got the plug direct from GM and they just won't work. Other than that it just needs a m6 flash and the 3.73's put in the rear "2.73's Suck, And the stock clutch is easy to burn " Can I get some help on this one.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:12 PM
TECH Regular

did you screw the lower shift boot to the floor? There are seven or so small screws if I remember correctly. If that is not sealed you will get a lot more noise. I used a poly tranny mount, poly torque arm mount, and my stock aluminum driveshaft. It is definately louder than stock rubber pieces but it doesn't bother me. When you were underneath the dash messing with the pedals you probably accidentally unplugged the little canister for the blinkers. If you take off the two pieces under the column and expose all the wiring, it will be on the right side. Looks like a little metal can with two prongs coming out the top that two wires connect to. I followed the wiring instructions that M3eatr posted and all of my wiring stuff works.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:49 PM
TECH Regular

I did bolt the lower shifter boot up but i could only get like 3 screws in there. The ******* tunnel is so curvy and the lower boot won't flex. Is it supposed to be like that? I just used 1/2" sheet metal screws and drilled a starter hole and they went right in. Maybe I should pull the console back apart and bolt that bitch down. The blinkers I am damn sure I didn't unplug them but i will check. Does anyone know if the reverse lights have a polarity. I am thinking about getting a stocker mount and using it to cut down on the noise if this poly doesnt quite down. Arghh why the hell won't my blower motor work.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:32 PM
TECH Regular

The same thing happened to me with the blinkers when I did my swap. I couldn't figure out why they wouldn't work because I hadn't messed with them. I guess it just got accidentally unplugged. Worth a look at least.

Quick Reply: A4-M6 swap done ?'s