Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T56 Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 02:17 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T56 Help!

Alright, its been a while since I've tried to get info, this happened a week ago, anyways, a buddy n' I decided to have some fun on the freeway(on the way to the drag strip), and on the way I ended up punching it, from 3rd, got to the 3-4 shift, punched it again when i hit 4th and all of a sudden instant rev limiter, i said oh **** and put the clutch back in, tried making sure it wasnt 2nd gear, it wasnt, so I got off the road and whatever, eventually tried driving it again, found I can drive it with the clutch half way or more in, but cant accelerate if the clutch is out any more than that, but i can coast if it is out further.... anybody know? I kinda assumed it was in the pressure plate/clutch assembly, right now I have a spec stage 3 arriving tuesday along with billet steel flywheel, anybody else have any input on this?
Old 05-30-2005, 11:31 AM
wrencher

Sounds like the clutch. Doesnt really matter, your pulling the trans no matter what to figure it out now.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:50 PM
12 Second Club

yea, i've got everything out except the tranny itself, would it be real obvious if it had to do with the tranny? or do i need to have a professional look at it?
Old 05-30-2005, 10:54 PM
12 Second Club

any other input?
Old 05-31-2005, 06:54 AM
Teching In

If the trans is out I would suggest that you get it checked out just to make sure that there is not a problem with it, it costs around $75 but its worth the hassle!!
Old 05-31-2005, 07:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A simple check with the tranny out( you gotta take it out for the clutch anyway) is a rollover check. Put it in any gear except 4th and rotate the input. If you broke something it will not be a smoothe/ quiet roll over. You should also have an out put.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:02 AM
wrencher

Originally Posted by calhoon
A simple check with the tranny out( you gotta take it out for the clutch anyway) is a rollover check. Put it in any gear except 4th and rotate the input. If you broke something it will not be a smoothe/ quiet roll over. You should also have an out put.
^ good idea to do this
You can use the old clutch disc on the input shaft to help turn it also. You should see something obviously wrong w/the clutch though....