Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 12:41 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Atleast this was caught.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:51 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's refreshing to hear that there still are people in this world that stand behind their products...I'll probably be going with one of these clutches next summer. I'll definitely keep this in mind.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll measure mine once it comes in on Wednesday
Old 06-06-2005, 05:35 PM
Launching!

i can't wait for the disc arrive tomorrow, when ever i got it to work, or if i running to any problem(which i don't think i will), i will post up here and share with you
Old 06-06-2005, 06:29 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by lsp408
i can't wait for the disc arrive tomorrow, when ever i got it to work, or if i running to any problem(which i don't think i will), i will post up here and share with you
Li....Your disk shipped today,and you will have it tomorrow. . Everyone should have the proper disk by Friday. Li thank you for your understanding, and also for the help! Although the mistake was by a vendor of ours , Pete and myself always back the "aussie clutch" up 100%.
Guys, once again we aim to please...sorry for any inconvienance! Pete and Jeff
Old 06-06-2005, 07:55 PM
TECH Regular

Just got off the phone with Jeff. I really appreciate the service. My clutch will be here either thursday or friday. Thanks again!
Old 06-06-2005, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Great customer service for sure! After a problem with my debit card I finally got my clutch ordered today. Jeff explained the problem with the disk... I'm very pleased with thier honesty and loyalty to the customer.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:46 PM
12 Second Club

Hey Jeff, this is Dusty do you know if my disk is the correct one? Everything is still working great.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:04 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by black_z
Hey Jeff, this is Dusty do you know if my disk is the correct one? Everything is still working great.

Hi Dusty....Yep, I believe you have the right one....talked with Nate today for you. He said he will give you a call.

Best regards Jeff
Old 06-06-2005, 11:10 PM
10 Second Club

Hey, Jeff.. this is Benny, the guy in Shelbyville Indiana who you called today on my cell. I told you I would be installing the clutch this weekend.. anyway, mine measured 11 7/8"

I'll still call you on Wed.

Thank you for calling me, Jeff!!
Old 06-06-2005, 11:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Captain InsaneO
Hey, Jeff.. this is Benny, the guy in Shelbyville Indiana who you called today on my cell. I told you I would be installing the clutch this weekend.. anyway, mine measured 11 7/8"

I'll still call you on Wed.

Thank you for calling me, Jeff!!
Benny...give me a call 972 814 1800...so i can overnite you the proper disk. I need your address. Thanks Jeff

Last edited by Textralia; 06-06-2005 at 11:45 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-07-2005, 12:12 AM
10 Second Club

Jeff, hi I'm in need of a clutch. I need one like very soon, looking to buy like now. Please PM me your finest price and a little info on what to expect of it. I also know benny from above post.
As you can see below, you see what I just had. It lasted 1 year.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:19 AM
10 Second Club

Cool

Originally Posted by Textralia
Benny...give me a call 972 814 1800...so i can overnite you the proper disk. I need your address. Thanks Jeff
I'll try to call you tomorrow in between firearms training. Thanks again!!

Jeremy, I think your gonna like this clutch much better then the Spec!
Old 06-07-2005, 11:41 PM
Launching!

i got mine in today, first i got about .050" shim in it and the throw out bearing already touch fingers. so i pull my tranny back out(12th time), take all the shim off and slap her back on. guess what??? it works like charm!!!. the engagement was great. paddle is where i want it. very sweet clutch!!!

this is what i got if anyone need help

i use everything that come with the kit and stock master with drill mod. when i have tranny off the car, i hook up the slave and use c-clamp with couple piece of wood on each side of slave and clamp it lightly. and take bleeder all the way out( have one person on top make sure fluid is half full. slightly push the paddle down til fluid come out(have bleeder point 90 degreed up). this is after planty of bleed when slave is in the car(include gravity bleed). you be supprise of how much air bubble come out. do this a few time and put bleeder back in and tighten it. now you have air free system. unhook the slave and put on tranny(NO shim is used). put her back on. you don't even have to bleed the system anymore. the easiest way to tell is with car off and one guy outside the car and one guy in the driver seat. put it in gear and have the outside guy try to turn the wheel. at first you won't be able to turn the wheel. then the guy inside the car slowly press down the peddle. about little over half way of peddle travel the wheel will start to free up. if so, start the motor and see if it go in 1st and reverse without spend tire. if so take her out for a spend and enjoy

if anyone got anymore question, call jeff or peter or pm me if you like. i will try to help anyone that need help!
Old 06-07-2005, 11:46 PM
TECH Addict

Glad to hear its working.... Im waiting for my new disc so we can start installing the clutch.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:47 PM
10 Second Club

So don't use a shim... Jeff told me today that another guy used a shim and the pedle was perfect. Hmmm...
Old 06-08-2005, 12:03 AM
Launching!

i know, he told me the same thing too, but you not suppose to have the throwout bearing touch the finger, it will wear out the bearing fast!!! i try first with shim and as soon as i put my tranny in, i can't put the line back on slave. so that tells me there is pressure in the system which the bearing is already touch the fingers. the reason the guy use the shim is to bring the engagement point higher. my peddle feels the same as before and engagement point is about the same. i also make sure all the air is out the system. so i believe to some people didn't get all the air out, will need little shim to make up the slack in the slave cause by air.
they have been use this clutch for a while, first thing they said is no shim and use stock master.
why is all of sudden need shim???
i know how pain in the *** to bleed the slave, sometime even you got good paddle don't mean you got all the air out. if you got your tranny out, would be worth the try to bleed the slave. just make sure got something to hold slave otherwise you will over extent the slave!!!
Old 06-08-2005, 09:14 AM
10 Second Club

You can't just let the slave hang on the line with someone down there to bleed it?
What do you mean over extend the slave? what will happen.
I was thinking of bleeding the system with it all hooked up and with out the tranny in the way. Then putting the tranny in and slide the slave back on the shaft and bolt it down.
Can I do it like that?
Old 06-08-2005, 09:26 AM
Launching!

over extend the slave= blowing out the seal. Bleeding it with it out is super easy. Just, dissconnect it, crack open the vent, and fill it w/fluid and force the bubbles out thru that vent(shake it a little), with it full so you can see the bubbles. Worked for me.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:15 AM
12 Second Club

My car has the shim, and the clutch feels great, engagement point is good. Can you elaborate on the bearing wearing out more quickly? Jeff do you have any insight?