Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

In Houston...Need to have my T56 race built

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default In Houston...Need to have my T56 race built

Hey guys...I just purchased a 99Z with a T56. It will not go into 5th gear at all. The previous owner just replaced the clutch thinking it might fix the problem. Anyways I've decided to pull it out and have it completely worked over. Does anyone know of a good shop (sponsor) in the Houston area? I want to have this thing gone through and beef up anything that it might need. I recently totaled my WS6 A4, so the engine is coming out of it, and going into the Z28. The motor puts out 450rwhp through the A4 and 12 bolt with 4.10's N/A, and I intend on spraying a 200 shot as well, so I need something that is going to hold up. I'm also looking at getting this done this week. Also if anyone is interested I'm selling my Stage III 4l60E/ Yank PYE4200 setup...This thing is built to take some serious ****. I'm asking $1800 for it, and I'll also include the console, shifter, and tranny cooler. If interested please PM me. So who in Houston makes the best T56?
Old 06-10-2005, 08:03 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did my own with the Viper output shaft it wasn't that hard and I have a Rockland standard gear T-56 (@2800 w/no core) that another person just bought for his high HP car also. Of course D&D sells them also. May be call around I know a few people like I think there is a guy at MTI doing them and a few others around I would just get on the phone and see who is working on them and how much etc... They are only going to be able to give you rough estimates untill they have it all torn down etc... Good luck
Old 06-10-2005, 08:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. I talked to Mike over @ Icon yesterday, and I'm pretty sure that I will be using him. He seemed like a very knowledgable and down to earth kinda guy, and that goes a long way with me. So does anyone need a kick *** 4L60E and Stall?