Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Pedal Pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 05:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pedal Pressure?

Coming home from work today I lost almost all pedal pressure, it shifted fine but the clutch would let out at the very bottom.... it didn't stick to the floor but it would just let out at the floor.. I have the spec st. 3 clutch and '01-'02 slave cyl.

I just replaced the slave and the friction plate about 1 month ago and I have no clue what this could be. It still shifts fine, goes into every gear, but there's no pressure. What is the problem?!?!?!
Old 06-14-2005, 07:02 PM
Banned

mine has done this before even when i was still running the stock clutch. in a day or so, mine will go back to regular feel.. maybe you need to do the drill out mod.. have you noticed any leaking clutch fluid? it could also be air in the line, did you bleed your clutch when you replaced it?
Old 06-15-2005, 02:23 PM
10 Second Club

I haven't bled the clutch yet, but i went to go drive it around the block today and there was a slight vibration in the pedal.... I checked for fluid but there's nothign to be found... what's the drill out mod?
Old 06-16-2005, 12:57 PM
10 Second Club

ttt..
Old 06-16-2005, 04:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TexasLT4
I haven't bled the clutch yet, but i went to go drive it around the block today and there was a slight vibration in the pedal.... I checked for fluid but there's nothign to be found... what's the drill out mod?
you're gonna have to do a search for it to get step by step directions, but basicly there is a "factory installed" restriction in the clutch line... it restricts the flow of the fluid back to the clutch resivour so in essence giving you a "soft petal" feel after a few hard shifts. I was told that it was baisly put there to prevent damage to the clutch from hard driving. so this restriction needs to be drilled out, the pieces flushed out, and the clutch then needs to be bled again. that COULD be the problem because you are explaining my problems to a "T" that i have had even before the spec clutch and the "drill out mod" is what everyone has told me will fix my problem.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:07 PM
10 Second Club

I'll try that tonight....