Aussie
18.89%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

clutch poll!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 09:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spec stage 3+. Little grippy and hard to drive for the first 200 miles, but drives real well now with 800 miles. No chatter. I have noticed that it doesn't start to grab until the clutch pedal is almost all the way out but have had other spec owners tell me this is normal.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:37 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tscheu5452
Spec stage 3+. Little grippy and hard to drive for the first 200 miles, but drives real well now with 800 miles. No chatter. I have noticed that it doesn't start to grab until the clutch pedal is almost all the way out but have had other spec owners tell me this is normal.
I have 130 miles on mine so far and have noticed the same exact thing. My Spec 3 was easier to drive but couldnt handle the power I was thowing at it on the spray...other than that my last 2 spec stage 3s were awesome.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

mcleod all the way... twin disks, last longer, handle more power and have better street manners.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gatravis-cwy
Chris, and MW2 Performance;
Spec, Ram, and McLeod all use OEM clutches from us. They buy our perfectly good OEM clutches and rip them apart and beef them up, all to varying degrees of performance. Pete at Spec is a great guy, and true Southern Gentleman, as is Pat at Ram. They have been in the clutch business for many many years and put out a great product. However, if I were in the market for a non-OEM clutch, something we don't offer, I would be looking into McLeod. Red Roberts founded Weber Clutch back in the 60's, I believe, and has since added/created McLeod Clutch. He is a recent inductee into the Automotive Industry Hall of Fame, along with distinguished people like Henry Ford, Lee Hunter, Mr. Iacoca, and a bunch of other pioneers in our industry. Red Roberts, well into his Grey Haired years, still mans the tech line at McLeod/Weber Performance. Stock clutches....give me a shout. Performance clutches? Call Red Roberts at McLeod/Weber Performance. Just my 2 cents.

excellent statement!

Quick Reply: clutch poll!!