Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

soft pedal after shifting hard

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default soft pedal after shifting hard

i have a spec 2 and i've done the drill mod. everytime i really drive my car hard, my pedal seems to soften up afterwards. after driving a little while longer, the pedal gets back to normal again, but i'm just wondering if the loose pedal feel is normal? thanks.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:44 PM
TECH Resident

Sounds like the fluid is just getting warm. Make sure your line is tucked nicely behind the heat shield and away from the exhaust.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BrandonSS
Sounds like the fluid is just getting warm. Make sure your line is tucked nicely behind the heat shield and away from the exhaust.
yeah, it's nowhere near. is that normal for the fluid to get hot like that?
Old 06-29-2005, 12:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

That is normal. I have seen the peddle stuck to the floor after a hard run down the track. Nothing you can do about it.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:26 AM
TECH Addict

Actually, there might be something you can do about it. I know I've seen this on the board by one other person, and I've done it myself with pretty good results. Try wrapping the hydraulic line that goes from the master cylinder to the slave cylinder with something. I used about a foot long of 3/8" ID heater hose (cut in half the long way) and a couple of zip ties to insulate the line. Also make sure the line is far away from your header. This should help out a little.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Krab
Actually, there might be something you can do about it. I know I've seen this on the board by one other person, and I've done it myself with pretty good results. Try wrapping the hydraulic line that goes from the master cylinder to the slave cylinder with something. I used about a foot long of 3/8" ID heater hose (cut in half the long way) and a couple of zip ties to insulate the line. Also make sure the line is far away from your header. This should help out a little.
hehe, it definitely doesn't mean this much to me as long as it isn't a problem, i don't drive my car hard enough for it to need fixin'

Quick Reply: soft pedal after shifting hard