Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

BIG thanks to RPM Transmissions, and Textrailia!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 06:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up BIG thanks to RPM Transmissions, and Textrailia!!!

Last Saturday I took my car to RPM transmission to have the clutch installed by me, and a couple friends of mine, dheck, and Jake.

The plan was to just install the clutch, but Rodney (The owner of RPM) offered to go ahead and rebuild it. After we received another clutch disc from Textrailia, overnited to me, Rodney went to work on it.

I came today to pick it up, and Rodney wanted me to take him for a ride to see what I thought of his work, and the clutch. It is hard for me to put into words how great it feels. The car goes into every gear effortless. Its so smooth, and the clutch grabs very hard. It does have a stock feel as far as the amount of pressure one must exert to change gears. The clutch is amazing. I feel I have the perfect combination with Textrailia, Andy at A&A for balancing everything, and Rodney with his knowledge of T56's.

I feel I am a pretty good driver with a manual transmission, but I am positive with how my transmission is done, I will be able to hit the gears with more confidence, and know the transmission will still be in one piece, and the clutch will keep asking for more.

Sure I only put 120 miles on it today, and I'll admit I did get on it a few times... not since I have owned this car (I bought it new in Dec. of 99) has the car launched so hard, and the rear end squatted with so much force once I let loose of the clutch.

Rodney was pretty impressed with how hard the clutch grabbed. If I'm not mistaken hes basically giving the clutch I have from Textrailia his approval, and to be honest, I think thats saying a lot.

On a side note, I did not use a shim, and the clutch engagement is PERFECT.

So now the Moser 9" and my Patterson's drive shaft, with a 5500 RPM launch with a 175 shot off the line, will get put to the test!

Thanks Rodney, Jeff, Pete, and Andy!!

-Benny
Old 07-11-2005, 10:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Captain InsaneO

So now the Moser 9" and my Patterson's drive shaft, with a 5500 RPM launch with a 175 shot off the line, will get put to the test!

Thanks Rodney, Jeff, Pete, and Andy!!

-Benny
This is what I want to see, if it will hold up to that...
Old 07-11-2005, 11:16 AM
10 Second Club

Its been over 700 miles, and 200 of them have been hard street miles, and its doing great so far. I hope to make some N2O passes very soon.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

How much power have you been running through it? I am just hesitant because I would be running close to 500RWHP N/A through it with the possibility of a 150 shot. But really I am just mostly concerned about the 500horse
Old 07-11-2005, 11:27 AM
10 Second Club

I have yet to have it dynoed. With my old set up I made 415 rwhp through the 10 bolt. I now added Thunder racing heads, ASP pullies, Shaner TB, and finally got the computer tuned.

I am guessing roughly 430rwhp through the 9".. I like to think thats conservative.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im waiting on mine to come in...heard some good stories and some not soo good...but im willing to give it a try and see how it holds up...ill be putting it to the test myself with 600+rwtq and 580+rwhp....gentleman at A&A told me the clutch was good to 700hp so i guess we will put that to the test.
glad your having goodluck with yours so far...hope it keeps up!!