Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help guys serious slave bleeder problem.

Old 06-27-2005, 10:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Help guys serious slave bleeder problem.

I had trouble with my clutch and thought it was master but maybe it was slave. I have new slave but keep getting air in the lines so thought maybe bleeder screw was too loose. I went to tighten it and thought it turned clockwise like most screws.. but it seemed to get looser and then it fell out. I am not sure where it is think it fell in the tranny.!!!

So couple of questions..if it fell in the tranny is it going to jam up anything and can you buy a bleeder screw separate although there doesn't seem to be a way to reinsert it from bottom without dropping the tranny out.
I have seen some guys drill hole in floor maybe that would work .I am also wondering if its possible to brake the bleeder part on the slave. Maybe i broke it right off...
Any good pics of the set up would be appreciated.
I am very annoyed at maybe having to drop the tranny and figure if going to go to that trouble then ripping out my mcleod master and cartech clutch and put in new clutchmasters or textralia and be done with this adjustable master stuff.

Anyone else had their bleeder screw come right out and be able to get it back in from below without pulling tranny? This is still assuming it didn't just fall into the bellhousing. Why did stupid retarded gm put the ls1 slave inside the bellhousing.!! They are external bolted on the lt1 and would be a simple fix. But now stupid gm..internal slave..!!! Man I am hot right now..
Now if it tigtens counterclockwise that would explain a few things.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:31 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel your pain. It probably will be ok left loose in the bellhousing but it is possible you could hit a bump and knock it into the pressure plate. You could pour some sticky stuff in the opening to keep it from moving but probably should come to terms with dropping the tranny. You can leave the bellhousing in place and just remove the trans.
If the bleeder fell out when turning it clockwise it probably stripped or broke off in the slave. Reinserting another bleeder probably is not possible.
I agree, they should have stuck with the LT1 arrangement. I can't believe how many problems people (including myself)

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
I had trouble with my clutch and thought it was master but maybe it was slave. I have new slave but keep getting air in the lines so thought maybe bleeder screw was too loose. I went to tighten it and thought it turned clockwise like most screws.. but it seemed to get looser and then it fell out. I am not sure where it is think it fell in the tranny.!!!

So couple of questions..if it fell in the tranny is it going to jam up anything and can you buy a bleeder screw separate although there doesn't seem to be a way to reinsert it from bottom without dropping the tranny out.
I have seen some guys drill hole in floor maybe that would work .I am also wondering if its possible to brake the bleeder part on the slave. Maybe i broke it right off...
Any good pics of the set up would be appreciated.
I am very annoyed at maybe having to drop the tranny and figure if going to go to that trouble then ripping out my mcleod master and cartech clutch and put in new clutchmasters or textralia and be done with this adjustable master stuff.

Anyone else had their bleeder screw come right out and be able to get it back in from below without pulling tranny? This is still assuming it didn't just fall into the bellhousing. Why did stupid retarded gm put the ls1 slave inside the bellhousing.!! They are external bolted on the lt1 and would be a simple fix. But now stupid gm..internal slave..!!! Man I am hot right now..
Now if it tigtens counterclockwise that would explain a few things.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:00 AM
TECH Resident

I broke mine off in the bellhousing. How can I get it out? I have two ideas. One is get a bendable snake magnet and fish it out. Two take dealership. You guys are my 3rd option. How hard is it to get the bellhousing open to get it out?
Old 05-20-2008, 01:59 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 7camaro7
I broke mine off in the bellhousing. How can I get it out? I have two ideas. One is get a bendable snake magnet and fish it out. Two take dealership. You guys are my 3rd option. How hard is it to get the bellhousing open to get it out?
not really hard at all, heres what you need to do.

pull the TA off, Remove the driveshaft, remove the transbrace and pull the tranny out. and problem solved. on the bleeder screw I dont know if you can get another. I had the same problem the screw is really soft and the tip is easy to smash and thus not allowing a tight seal creating leaks. So you might need a new screw or you might need a new slave. I dont think you will pull it out with a snake magnet.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, who keeps bring back these old threads??? This thread is from 2005!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 02:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 99z28monster
not really hard at all, heres what you need to do.

pull the TA off, Remove the driveshaft, remove the transbrace and pull the tranny out. and problem solved. on the bleeder screw I dont know if you can get another. I had the same problem the screw is really soft and the tip is easy to smash and thus not allowing a tight seal creating leaks. So you might need a new screw or you might need a new slave. I dont think you will pull it out with a snake magnet.
do I have to take off the center console and uninstall the shifter too? will tranny fluid leak out? btw I have another bleeder screw. this sucks because it's right before g12, and I've gotta be there.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, remove console and shifter. Some fluid will leak out depending on how level you keep it.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:40 PM
TECH Resident

anybody got instructions on how to uninstall the part I need to get to where my bleeder valve fell?
Old 05-20-2008, 11:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 7camaro7
anybody got instructions on how to uninstall the part I need to get to where my bleeder valve fell?
yea search for how to take your transmission out. once it is out you will have not problem getting the screw. You dont really need to take it all the way out just enough to fit your hand in.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help guys serious slave bleeder problem.