Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

M6 Slipping from 2000-3000 RPM, WTF???

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 04:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M6 Slipping from 2000-3000 RPM, WTF???

As some may have read in my previous post, I burnt the **** out of my stock clutch, lol!!! So bad that when you step on the gas anywhere in between 2000-3000 rpm, it jumps and revs then grabs, like an auto that has a bad tranny. After my ram install, I stepped lightly on the gas to see if the problem is still there, it is . My clutch also doesn't grab until it's almost completly out, very minimal pressure is needed to slap it in gear, So what seems to be the problem, and what else do i need to install??? I am going to order a Master Cylinder from Futural Motorsports next week, is this going to solve the issue with the slipping or just the pressure of the clutch??? Help, leave a detailed post, and if you had this problem, how did you fix it???
Old 07-10-2005, 05:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The clutch not grabbing until near the top of the pedal and releasing like you describe is usually a sign of a worn or poorly adjusted clutch. I'm not familiar with the ram but you don't seem to have enough clearance between the clutch and the slave cylinder and I don't think a master is going to help that.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:25 PM
Staging Lane

so if I don't have enough clearance between the clutch and slave, then a shim is needed??? Can I get any type of shim, or is there a special kind that I need??? I was just going to upgrade the master because its recommended and also I hear Alan @ Futural is great with his ****, that's the only reason why.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:03 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Your master cylinder braided line could be the cause.It could be damaged causing the hydrolic fluid to return to the master slow.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:33 PM
12 Second Club

I don't have one but I believe the shim goes on the opposite side of the slave. Please someone correct me if i'm wrong because I have a shim made by Ram sitting somewhere. TSP sells them for like 15 bucks.