Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

SPEC Stage II or III?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 02:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPEC Stage II or III?

I just got the word back from the Chevy House that I'm going to have to replace the clutch. I like what I've heard on the SPEC clutches, so I'm probably going to go with that.

I have NOTHING done to my car, with the exception of a lid and K&N (2000 SS Stock). Would ya'll recommend one over the other? They said the Flywheel is okay, so I'm not going to replace that. But I'm wondering if I'm going to be needing to with a Stage III.

I know I don't need either of these now, but I will in the future, so I thought I'd get something a little better than stock in there right now.

Also, is there a fluid that ya'll would recommend over the other?
Old 07-13-2005, 06:50 PM
11 Second Club

I went with a Spec 3 in my Z06. I have a plan for future mods and figured the extra 50 dollars was worth it. The stage 3 is very streetable and I do not have much of a problem driving it. I have a friend with an LT1 firehawk and he has the stage 2. He is constantly wishing he spent the extra money and went with a stage 3 instead.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:21 PM
Staging Lane

Do ya'll think it a wise idea that I replace the FlyWheel with a Better one if I go with the stage III then?
Old 07-14-2005, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am on my second stage 3. I think they were both the older revision.
Put it this way, the stage 3 is made to handle 650 ft lbs. The less power you have, the more chatter and the more annoying it is.
I would get a stage 2 unless you have d/r's or plan on driving like a maniac all the time. The stage 3 does stand up to heat extremely well though.

Quick Reply: SPEC Stage II or III?