Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Fucked up bleeding my clutch...

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005 | 05:21 PM
TECH Addict

You don't have to have the master cylinder out to bench bleed it. Just unhook the quick disconnect and pull the hydraulic line back up towards you.

Michael Ozorowsky, you never had any luck with my mityvac method i sent you?
Old 07-22-2005 | 10:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ok...

I decided to try pumping in fluid from the BOTTOM. I used a hand pump to pump fluid into the system through the quick disconnect fitting. I made sure no air was in the fluid as I pumped it in. Sure enough fluid appeared in the resevior. I then disconnected the quick disconnect from the old slave fitting and pluged it into the new slave in the tranny. I started pumping the clutch and what do you know... it's not dead anymore!!! The fluid went down a little so I filled it up. Then I had a friend depress the clutch. While it was down I opened the bleeder and fluid shot out. Closed the bleeder, then released the clutch, which actually has to be pulled back since there was no pressure to push it back. I did this about 5 times and the pedal pressure didnt increase. Its still a little softer than stock. So, I think I am going to give the Mity Vac a try tomarrow. Can someone tell me how to finish bleeding my clutch using the Mity Vac? Thanks!!!

Quick Reply: Fucked up bleeding my clutch...