Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

weird clutch disengaging problems, help me out

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 03:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird clutch problems, help me out

I have been having a problem with my clutch for a couple weeks now and am just starting to narrow it down.

When the car is cold or hasn't been driven for a few hours there are no problems with the clutch until I turn the car off and let it sit for a little bit. When I start my car up after it has been sitting for a bit (30min-1hr) the clutch seems to not want to disengage completely. The symptoms of the half engaged clutch are a lower idle and a slipping clutch in 1st and 2nd gear. This happens for about 5 minutes then the problem disappears until I once again park it and let it sit for a bit then try to drive it.

Example: Yesterday I went and ran some errands. The car had been sitting overnight. The first drive to home depot showed no problems. I went into home depot did some shopping came out and started it up. The clutch started acting up in the parking lot and a few stoplights after but then disapeared as I continued to drive to best buy. I arrived at best buy without any problems. Went in and shopped and came out and started it up with the same problems as before. Clutch seemed to not fully disengage around the parking lot and a few more stoplights after.

I bled they system via the 11mm bleed screw on the outside of the bellhousing and the pedal pressure is fine. I am thinking my slave is dying. The clutch itself does not seem overly worn but i have 60k miles on it with all the bolt ons and about 20 track passes.

Anyone have a similar problem?

Last edited by XCESPWR; 07-30-2005 at 03:46 PM.