Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

New Tranny Woes....

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 03:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Tranny Woes....

OK just dropped a new tranny in the Z, total nightmare of a situation but whats done is done..... Anways, the new tranny is in and its making this rattling or scuffing type of sound right after the clutch is engaged, pretty much only in first gear at low RPMS (I say that because its been a month since ive driven the car and its 3k miles from me now ) Anyways I took it back to the shop who put it in and OH YEAH DID NOT WARRANT IT for more than 90 days, and said that it was just normal break in noise. I know new gear noise when I hear it, and this really doesnt sound like it. They guy at the shop insisted though that it was gear noise and totally normal and that he has a guy with a camaro that has a transmission they put in and 12k miles later still makes noise, but he drives it 135 every night and its not a problem. SO whats the deal here am I cool or should I fork up the cash to get it towed from where it is back to the shop to get it checked out before I truck my car 3k miles from the shop?
Old 08-16-2005, 07:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

doesnt sound right to me , but a transmission expert I'm not