Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

I'm Bleeding my McLeod clutch need help please.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2002, 02:08 PM
Coal Mining Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: I'm Bleeding my McLeod clutch need help please.

You can gravity bleed it that way by opening the bleeder valve and keeping the res full....but don't work the clutch pedal or you can damage the slave...overextend it...only work the clutch pedal after the trans is installed.
Old 02-03-2002, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

[quote]Originally posted by onfire:
<strong>You can gravity bleed it that way by opening the bleeder valve and keeping the res full....but don't work the clutch pedal or you can damage the slave...overextend it...only work the clutch pedal after the trans is installed.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I just tried gravity bleeding for about 1/2 hour but no fluid came through do I need to wait a long time? If so how long? I am now just starting my third bottle of fluid but still no resistance to the peddle. Buy the way I'm only pushing on the peddle with my hand and pumping it twice then opening the valve. It still feels like when I just started like nothing is there. Any suggestions?
Old 02-03-2002, 08:33 PM
Coal Mining Director

I opened the bleeder valve on mine and the fluid came out with the cap off the res....I would wait until the trans is in and do a regular "pump the pedal and hold it down then crack the bleeder, close the bleeder and release the pedal" type bleed. You'll blow the slave if you keep pumping the pedal with ant resistance on the slave. Good luck.
Old 02-03-2002, 08:48 PM
!Dial-up Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also tried bleeding the slave while the transmission was out. The pedal never built up any resistance. Bled it with the tranny back in the car and it worked.
Old 02-03-2002, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks guy I'm going to install the trans and then do the bleeding. Thanks for the responces.
Old 02-04-2002, 12:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default I'm Bleeding my McLeod clutch need help please.

I have a new master and slave for the clutch. The fluid reservoir is in the car, the master is mounted and clutch pedal hooked up. I do not have the transmission in and the slave unit is hanging under the car. I have bleed and bleed the unit (15 oz so far) and I'm getting a good flow of liquid out when I open the bleeder valve. But the clutch peddle is not getting any harder to push in like when you bleed brakes. Is this normal? I also can push in the throw out bearing by hand and when the wife pushes in the clutch pedal, the bearing offers no resistance and does not push back at me. Is this normal?
Do I need to continue to bleed?
Will the clutch pedal ever get harder to push in like when bleeding brakes with the transmission out?

Quick Reply: I'm Bleeding my McLeod clutch need help please.