Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

My New Website is Up.. www.t56rebuilds.com

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey Joe, will you please pm me a price for a tranny w/ all the good stuff to please. I assume you will need mine for a core charge, but mine isnt broke yet,lol. i want it fixed before it gets that way. I think my issues are still clutch/ hydraulic problems.I hope.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ls1Joe
I am located off Highway 6 and FM 529. Thanks for the comment.

Joe
Thats kinda close to me. Im at 1960/hwy6 and 290. I guess this calls for a rebuild.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Guys, I can not say enough about Joe's T56's...They seriously kick ***. I just installed mine this past weekend, and I must say it freaking shifts great. Joe offers a top notch service, with nothing less then the best parts. If you are looking for a rebuild, or an all out race tranny, give him a call. His prices are very reasonable, and service is 2nd to none.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:21 PM
10 Second Club

cool bro glad it worked out for you ....mine is going to him shortly
Old 09-20-2005, 07:59 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Matt,

I got this tranny apart and all I can say is Holy Sh*t Boy it sure was bad. 5th gear was totally distroyed along with the 5-6 slider. The 5-6 slider was the worst I have seen. All of the fork pads were gone. Know I know why you wanted to fix that one you got and trade out this one

Joe

PS: Glad you were able to get that beast in. Now buckle down for this damn hurricane.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:09 PM
FormerVendor

I just downloaded some new photos onto my website. Check it out. Some damaged parts.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:30 PM
TECH Regular

Question

looking to have my m6 corvette tranny rebuilt over the winter, the problem that I am having is that the car shifts fine when I have some traction,but when I put on DR I feel that I need to granny shift the car and cant shift as fast as I like to when getting traction. What do you think?
Old 09-20-2005, 08:42 PM
FormerVendor

fotoboy, I would at least bleed the hydraulics and look at replacing them when you do a transmission rebuild. I use Spec Clutches in my vehicles and recommend those to all customers. Give me a call when you are ready.

Thanks
Old 09-24-2005, 05:49 PM
FormerVendor

For those that brought me your transmissions last week I wanted to supply you with an update since the hurricane.

I did not lose power thru out this whole thing and everything is safe. I should have them ready for pickup by early next week. I am not sure for those in houston if you decided to leave so I figured I would post this up as well as give everyone a call just as an update.

Thanks,
Joe

PS: I hope everyone that stayed is safe and all is well.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GOOD STUFF THIS SITE NEVER LETS ME DOWN MY BROTHER TRANNY IS TAKING A DUMP HARD SHIFTING FROM 2-3 4-5 CAR WOULD JUST COME OUT OF GEAR IN 3-4 NEEDS A GOOD REBUILD KILLEEN TRANSMISSION YALL SUCK SHITTY REBUILD LASTED 6 MONTHS BEFOR THE SAME PROBLEMS HAPPEN AGAIN PLEASE E.MAIL ME FOR THE PRICE OF A NEW ON T56 OR A POSSIBLE REBUILD THANKS

E.MAIL TANK2_99@HOTMAIL.COM
Old 09-26-2005, 07:18 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks Outlawz Racing. I just sent you an email in reference to a rebuild. Give me a call. I have alot of them going right now.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:38 PM
Teching In

I just visited your website and found a few descrepancies.

Somewhere along the line in past posts you worked for Lingenfelter.

I understand you also worked for More Performance during 2004 per a search of your posts.

Your website says you have been with RSI since 2001. Direct quote from from your website, "Joe has worked since 2001 for one of the largest viper tuners in the industry, Racing Solutions Inc. "RSI".

Just curious, have you been with RSI since 2001 or is the other employment a misstake?

Last edited by game on; 09-27-2005 at 07:56 PM. Reason: text correction
Old 09-27-2005, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Joe does a lot of subletting out to various companies. I can name a few myself that aren't even on your list. He also does some free-lance tuning, so that may be where the confussion comes in. There is difference between "doing work for..." and "being employeed by..." Probably just poor wording on Joes part. It has been my understanding that he has been affiliated in some way, with all of the companies that you have mentioned at one time or the other, but RSI has been his main stay. BTW I'm not affiliated with Joe in any way. I'm just one of many satisfied customers, who like yourself, did my research before deciding on what to do. In that research I found that Joe is a well respected member in the LS1 community, and that he in fact was the person doing tranny rebuilds for the company that I was going to use for my rebuild. I felt more comfortable in dealing with Joe direct, as opposed to going through one of the companies that he does work for, and now he has branched out to making his own company. I think it's pretty great what he has done, and wish him well in his endeavor.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:00 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by game on
I just visited your website and found a few descrepancies.

Somewhere along the line in past posts you worked for Lingenfelter.

I understand you also worked for More Performance during 2004 per a search of your posts.

Your website says you have been with RSI since 2001. Direct quote from from your website, "Joe has worked since 2001 for one of the largest viper tuners in the industry, Racing Solutions Inc. "RSI".

Just curious, have you been with RSI since 2001 or is the other employment a misstake?

You are correct in saying that I was with Lingenfelter as well as more and even Hennessey. I am a graduate of S.A.M. but I did not list all of that either. I do not think that listing each company really concerns building transmissions. When applying for a job yes that comes in as a factor. I have been employeed with RSI since the doors opened (I was gone for 1 year while employeed elsewhere) as well as being there full time tuner at present and transmission rebuilder. Just like Matt quoted before, I do alot of free lance work for many of the board sponsor as well as rebuild transmissions for many of them that I did not list on my site.

I will remove the quotes" Your website says you have been with RSI since 2001. Direct quote from from your website, "Joe has worked since 2001 for one of the largest viper tuners in the industry, Racing Solutions Inc. "RSI". if that makes everyone feel better.

Thanks for the concern and I already corrected that.

Last edited by ls1 joe; 09-28-2005 at 09:55 AM.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:13 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks for the support Matt.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ls1Joe
In the more than 300 I have built I have never seen a bent shift fork. It is more unlikely but I guess possible. I lean more towards the sliders, keys or bent shift rail.
I have never rebuilt a t56 trans but have heard countless times that the 3-4 bent shift fork is a very common problem. Is this just a common misunderstanding in the ls1 community?

My reason for asking is that last week when I was showing off my car to a friend down a back road I banged 4th gear pretty hard and the shifter went about 1/2 an inch to far into 4th and got stuck, well I just jerked it back out of 4th and since then 3rd gear has been basically useless. So of course everyone I talked to said to buy a 3-4 steel shift fork and install it. Am I the rare case that actually has a bent shift fork or what does it sound like to you?
Old 09-30-2005, 12:15 AM
On The Tree

Im real curious about this, can anyone offer any info based on their past experiences.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:40 AM
Restricted User

Like Joe said, it's probably a key, slider or bent shift rail.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:21 AM
Teching In

The fork doesnt actually bend like you are thinking. The hole where the shif rail goes just becomes unround and that is what it wrong with your tranny

Originally Posted by juiced_z28
I have never rebuilt a t56 trans but have heard countless times that the 3-4 bent shift fork is a very common problem. Is this just a common misunderstanding in the ls1 community?

My reason for asking is that last week when I was showing off my car to a friend down a back road I banged 4th gear pretty hard and the shifter went about 1/2 an inch to far into 4th and got stuck, well I just jerked it back out of 4th and since then 3rd gear has been basically useless. So of course everyone I talked to said to buy a 3-4 steel shift fork and install it. Am I the rare case that actually has a bent shift fork or what does it sound like to you?
Old 10-02-2005, 04:52 PM
10 Second Club

to all people.. well i am from california did not no joe from adam..i asked on the board where to get my tranny fixed and he pmd about my tranny to be rebuilt and sure enough 2 weeks later, it was on the way.. and finally got there in just a few day (well like 5 no big deal ....... anyway i can tell every one that these are some of the nicest most helpfull people that i have worked with ...i would recomend them to anyone needing a tranny rebuild!! hopefully i will recive my trans back here next wensday or thurs.... good luck guys ! if there are any questions for anyone being worried of sending your tranny to them or away send me a pm and i will send you my #... really its probly cheeper then getting it built at home and he is a professional, dont bother haveing someone telling you ya ya ya i can fix it when you will only get the stock parts back in !! only under 900 dollars (broken extra parts do to powershifting)it was steal cheaper then in town . will keep everyone updated!!

Last edited by TondSS; 10-03-2005 at 05:36 PM.

Quick Reply: My New Website is Up.. www.t56rebuilds.com