Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Just installed new clutch and...

Old 10-18-2005, 02:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed new clutch and...

I just installed a new clutch a spec stage 2 it was used alittle bit for about 5k miles. The clutch looked good. The flywheel was in pretty good shape. And im having the same problem as i was before i took my spec stag 3 clutch out. The clutch is slipping.

What is the cause of this?

Does bleeding the clutch have anything to do with this? Will it help fix the slipping?

What else could affect the clutch or make it slip?

Using a Mightyvac from autozone. How would i go about bleeding the clutch. Where does it hook up to?
Old 10-21-2005, 09:56 PM
Launching!

Update:

got me a mightyvac and bleed the clutch through the top where the resavor is. Is this the correct way to do it?

It seemed like i took out ALOT of air bubbles and took it for a test drive and got the same results. The peddal feels better, but the clutch still slips. At the same RPMS as my last clutch did. starts slipping when i apply light throttle @ 1.6k And also slips in any other gear if i floor it.

What is the problem. Because im all out of ideas?
Old 10-22-2005, 12:43 AM
tc3
On The Tree

if bleeding the clutch manually doesnt work then you can try pumping the clutch pedal alot really fast for 30 seconds and let the car sit for a while and see if the resivour gets any lower or just try it...
Old 10-22-2005, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you sure when you put the clutch on you cleaned the flywheel really well with brake cleaner? A little bit of grease will ruin your whole day on those flywheels and the gunk will never burn off..
Old 10-22-2005, 04:08 PM
Launching!

flywheel was cleaned with brake cleaner...

When im bleeding the clutch and im close to saying it looks good because there is no more air coming up. I do 1 final pump with the mighty vac and i always keep getting more air. Do i have a leak somehwhere?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just installed new clutch and...