Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T-56 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 12:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-56 Questions

Do I need the PCM to run a T-56 behind a carbed SBC? I know it has a reverse lockout solenoid but it keeps you from putting the car in reverse while moving forward. What about anything else? I can make the reverse lights work without it.

Thanks
Old 11-04-2005, 03:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The reverse lights just plug into a switch on the side of the trans case. No problem there.

The reverse lock out has a "crash through" that will allow you to put it in reverse, but you'll have to "slam" it over there to get through the gate. Or, hook up a 12v switched voltage to the solenoid. I've seen a brake light switch used to trip a relay, or a push button on the dash/console and other things done. We did this swap in a 1984 Camaro (Carbed) and it worked great. You will have to get an electronic speedometer or use a conversion kit to hook up a speedo cable, but otherwise, you'll be just fine. The swap into the 1984 wasn't bad at all.

Have fun!
Old 11-04-2005, 04:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks man thats what I was looking for. I will be running all autometer gauges instead of the factory ones so the speedo is not a problem.