Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

GM installed SPEC III...it's engaging at the floor! HELP

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my car vibrated like hell after putting in a spec 3 and spec flywheel. Right about 2,000 rpm and up. Chattered worse than any other clutch i've ever put in too! i had to take everthing back out. ends up spec sells shitty stuff. i sent it back to them for "warranty" what a joke and a waste of $40 shipping and 2 weeks of waiting. when i got it back i measured everything with dial indicator. the spec flywheel wasn't even machined flat, and they never balanced ANYTHING! i talked to some guy at spec named Danial. he was nice but sure bullshitted his way out of anything. bottom line my car is still in the air, because my clutch and flywheel are at a machine shop being fixed RIGHT! I have absolutly nothing good to say about spec and i would NOT refer anyone to them! They sell crappy products and don't stand behind any of their work or products. Maybe i just got a lemon? but i am PISSED! There are not enough "choice" words i could say about how much i hate spec!
Old 11-10-2005, 08:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

Thats funny, Daniel did me right. You must have called him with the same attitude that you have now.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:25 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well the only reason i went with spec is b/c i had great luck with my last car, 400hp LT1 with a spec II and it was awesome...never had a single complaint about it!

Update on my car:
Got it back today, turns out there were two heats shields w/o bolts and were rattling like crazy, and they completely flushed the system and bleed it for 1 1/2 hours. Now the clutch engages around the 1/3 mark from the floor...so hopefully it's getting better! The only thing i'm still worried about it the vibration when i rev it in neutral! It's really bothering b/c stock it never did that! This is the part that worries me the most b'c my good buddy had a new clutch put in his ZO6 at the local dealership and they forgot to transfer the weights to the new flywheel and it'd crank walked like crazy and eventually he blew it up with some n20 b/c it was sooooo screwed up! Hopefully i will not turn out like that!
Old 11-11-2005, 08:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Krab
thanks Krab i really appreciate it!

Quick Reply: GM installed SPEC III...it's engaging at the floor! HELP