Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

So i'm needing a t-56 rebuild....

Old 11-08-2005, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default So i'm needing a t-56 rebuild....

About 90k miles later I think I finally need a rebuild. Car doesnt like to go into 1st sometimes, or reverse, it's harder to shift, just a lot more of a pain in the *** then when it was new.

My question(s) is.... Is it ok just go get syncro rebuild kit instead of buying new ones? Do I need the baring kit? Should I just buy a new damn forged tranny instead of messing with mine? I put about 450 to the wheels, will carbon fiber syncros, steel 2/3 and a baring kit be enough? Will it be enough when I go bigger cubes? Whatcha think?

Any input would help me make my decision, thanks!
Old 11-08-2005, 08:52 PM
TECH Regular

I know this isn't an answer to your question, but the symptoms you describe sure sound a hell of a lot like your clutch isn't disengaging.

Those are absolute identical symptoms that I'm experiencing, as well as many others, and a lot of times it's the hydraulic's fault. You might want to look into that if you haven't.

Anyways, if you're sure it's your tranny, there's a new sponsor here www.t56rebuilds.com, he's a forum member as well. You might want to call him up and pick his brain.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Zeus
I know this isn't an answer to your question, but the symptoms you describe sure sound a hell of a lot like your clutch isn't disengaging.

Those are absolute identical symptoms that I'm experiencing, as well as many others, and a lot of times it's the hydraulic's fault. You might want to look into that if you haven't.

Anyways, if you're sure it's your tranny, there's a new sponsor here www.t56rebuilds.com, he's a forum member as well. You might want to call him up and pick his brain.
I'll look into it, but I sure hope not. I already went through one spec clutch. Maybe I should get rid of my PITA McLeod adjustable and get a regular master.

As for the tranny I know a guy who can reuild it for me cheap, I just need to know what parts to get. Thanks though I will definitly look into the clutch!
Old 11-09-2005, 03:24 AM
TECH Regular

It's actually not the clutch (the actual part that connects the engine to the tranny). I know I have a Textralia that's only a few weeks old and I can't get it to slip no matter how hard i try (even on nitrous or in 6th gear).

The problem is that the hydraulics aren't disengaging the clutch completely (the clutch is still working fine), so it's to a certain extent like trying to shift without pressing the clutch pedal down. Imagine trying to shift into another gear while you're moving, and not using the clutch pedal. That's basically what's going on.

I know tons of people have this problem at one point or another (actually is there anyone who has an M6 that DOESN'T?). My car is actually out of commision for a while because I'm waiting for my new master to come in to fix this very problem.

What I'm trying to say is check out your hydraulics before yanking the tranny to rebuild it. Bleed it, replace with new parts, etc. At the very least if it really is your tranny, you'll have a flawless hydraulic system when you get it back.

Search this Thread